Engine 89' Engine rebuild recommendations!

Looking for recommendations for my rotating assembly for my 89' HO 302. Just got back from the machine shop and it was bored .30 over. i am on a somewhat tight budget but i also dont want to cheap out. Willing to use same crank and i have a E cam that going to go in the car. Its a fairly stock car with the exception of 3.73 gears, exhaust and e cam. Really just looking for good .30 over pistons or piston and rod combos that will work well with stock crank. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• dgfsgdgsd.jpg
    dgfsgdgsd.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Sponsors (?)

Just bought Speed Pro Forged .030 Pistons from summit for under 300 bucks, bought them on recommendation from my machinist. i was a bonehead though and got the wrong thickness rings, they run on metric thickness rings for some reason. They look like really quality pieces. Also if you stick with your stock crank you might as well stay with your stock rods.

Go .040 over get new pistons, rings, gaskets, bearings etc. You never know what you get when you buy a used engine. Unless if they have a guarantee. Bore/hole is about $15. Get some chrome moly rings, or even some plasma moly. Pistons, uses some cast aluminum. Heads you want checked. It might cost a little more, but you almost would have a new engine.