89 fox body solid swapped into 03 cobra...

RyanSG

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2002
Allentown, Pa
89 fox body solid swap into 03 cobra???

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while and definitly haven't in this section.. However I do need some help with my buddys 03 cobra.. We are looking into a solid rear swap since it's time to either get upgraded half shafts or go with the solid... I can get an 89mustang rear for a good price, however i've herd that it's harder to install then a solid out of a 96 mustang since it's a bit shorter... The person i'm getting the solid from had told me that you can still install the sn95 axles into the 89 fox rear... Which then would make it the correct length etc.. But then how dfo the brakes etc bolt up to be inline as well as the ABS(if he keeps it)... What i'm basicly asking is this... If the swap can be done without having to lengthen the axle tubes or highly modify the axles then we'll prob go ahead with that stuff... I just want to make sure that the sn95 axles will fit as well as the brakes without having to make custom stuff etc... And if it does what brakets will we need to mount the brakes. I know the rear will pretty much bolt in after all of the spacing is figured out width wise.. So thats our main concern... Any help would be great! Thanx again guys!!

• Sponsors (?)

The money you save by going with this less-than-ideal solution will be eaten up in the additional costs and headache making the SRA from the fox fit in a SN95. Just get a rear from the junkyard or find a SN95 owner who wants an IRS in their car and swap.

For detailed information on what all is needed to put a SRA in a IRS equipped Cobra read this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...914 b6bda9a3eae1b4c6f722a82058&threadid=94768

U.M.

Say goodbye to any resale value that 03 Cobra might have had after you do the swap :notnice: :bang:

Why exactly is it "time to either get upgraded half shafts or go with the solid"? Is it strictly a track car? Have you broken half shafts in the past?

If you must do this thing to your Cobra though I would agree with UM's advice.