89 fox crank no start

I know there are endless threads of problems just like what im dealing with i know because i started there first. Ive gone through the majority of the crank no start check list that some folks have been kind enough to share. Im afraid im still at a bit of a roadblock so to speak. The run down i got a facebook deal on a typhoon intake, a set of longtube headers and a set of tail pipes all for $100 super deal! My cars been neglected so i did tubular control arms, sway bar bushings, end links, coilovers, caster cambers,bumpsteer kit took care of all the front end stuff being 89 i figured while im here ill go to the mini torque setup and put a starter wrap around it to try and help the hot starts as i want to daily the car. Got it all done turn key click dead replaced battery cables cleaned up all my grounds in the engine bay and to the engine got a new motor craft starter solenoid thought all that would do it forsure nope… i was convinced it was the starter so i pulled a known good starter same thing happened so the starter is good, today i noticed the computer ground broke off and i never realized to reattach that so i got excited and got the computer ground wired into the negative battery and now has a clean ground still just cranks till it would kill the battery, i have 12v at the coil i have 12v at the injector wires my tps reads .97 i thought it was the clutch pedal saftey switch up under the dash on the pedal so i did the fuse bypass trick and when i did this it went from click the switch when cranking to how it is now where the starter turns the engine over and over but not fire… i need a little pointer to check something else out…. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Pump primes I am getting fuel to the rails, i havent pulled a plug to confirm spark, i dont have a good coil to swap out to see if the coil is the culprit, havent tried getting a noid light to test the pip sensor and i also havent checked tfi is there any way to tesy tfi without test light?

Did you do the list step by step?
just to be clear, you had a no crank problem first, now it's cranking over good but no start.
Exactly, i started working through the no crank check list after bridging clutch safety to bypass to see if that was is it, we went from no crank to good crank no start, i want to say distributor could be stabbed a bit off but i had my ol man turn the engine over for me while i held my finger over #1 turned it over till i felt air push around my finger seemed like everything was lining up well

Ill pull back up the checklist today and start from the top and do everything i can do i have quite a bit of tools but ill have to rent a noid light and test light for a couple of the tests. Im hoping its something silly that i can laugh about while driving down the road here soon haha

Gee this is one to make ya laugh fellas, had my wires one probe off on the distributor cap. Running strong! New issue while i was timing the car i seen lots of sparks around the #4 spark plug the wire is pushed on well its not touching anything what would cause the spark plug to arch to the head?

Spark plug casing was cracked on both sides bad, car idles great sounds kick ass love the longtubes huge sound upgrade makes taking your starter off way easier and a whole bunch of things ill post a video if i can

Reactions: 1 user
1659E6FC-60A7-42FB-B159-DBD6AB9D1F87.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users