• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

89 Foxbody

  • Thread starter Thread starter rotorhead22
  • Start date Start date Jan 5, 2021

rotorhead22

Active Member
Dec 17, 2020
175
89
38
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Jan 5, 2021
#1
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #1
Hello to all. I just purchased my 89 Notch from a buddy that fell on hard times. It has a 3.73 rear gear, cat delete with Flowmasters, cold intake and that's about it. I recently put new front struts and cut about 3/4 " out of the front springs to lower the front down. I am currently installing a TFI relocation. I look forward to learning more
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Jan 5, 2021
#2
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #2
 

rotorhead22

Active Member
Dec 17, 2020
175
89
38
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Jan 5, 2021
#3
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #3
General karthief said:
Click to expand...
I’m in Wesley Chapel so probably about $6 for gas
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,246
153
Sarasota Florida
Jan 5, 2021
#4
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #4
I want to see an 89 notch from Wesley chapel
 

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jan 5, 2021
#5
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #5
Welcome to the forum. This is turning into a Florida mustang meeting place. A bunch of my friends have moved there...maybe I'll move there when I retire....just maybe.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Jan 5, 2021
#6
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #6
90sickfox said:
Welcome to the forum. This is turning into a Florida mustang meeting place. A bunch of my friends have moved there...maybe I'll move there when I retire....just maybe.
Click to expand...
You'll need a residency permit and submit to a background check
 
Reactions: 90sickfox
M

Monkeybutt2000

Mustang Master
Aug 11, 2019
1,387
851
133
Lafayette,IN
Jan 5, 2021
#7
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #7
90sickfox said:
Welcome to the forum. This is turning into a Florida mustang meeting place. A bunch of my friends have moved there...maybe I'll move there when I retire....just maybe.
Click to expand...
Florida...it's a nice place to visit. Lived in Ft.Walton Beach 3-1/2yrs.
 

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,962
2,943
153
Long Island, NY
Jan 5, 2021
#8
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #8
My buddy that moved there a few years ago reminds me every year, right about when the first storm hits, that you “don't have to shovel sunshine”!
 
Reactions: rotorhead22 and Gs1987GT

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Jan 5, 2021
#9
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #9
Rdub6 said:
My buddy that moved there a few years ago reminds me every year, right about when the first storm hits, that you “don't have to shovel sunshine”!
Click to expand...
Yeah, well you still have to shovel the
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,246
153
Sarasota Florida
Jan 5, 2021
#10
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #10
Some get a good deal here..You can go down hard unless you have a decent cash backup
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Jan 5, 2021
#11
  • Jan 5, 2021
  • #11
And we don't do anything like they do it up north
Just say'n
 
Reactions: Potomus Pete

rotorhead22

Active Member
Dec 17, 2020
175
89
38
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Jan 6, 2021
#12
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #12
Here are some of my upgrades and repairs. I also did a wire tuck on the passenger side and will complete securing the wire looms in the fender well. I'm going to name it "Blue Hooptie" The one picture is of me in 1978? That's my buddies V8 Vega wagon. It had a 350 with a Dodge Dart 8-3/4 rear end.
 
Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
Reactions: Wayne Waldrep, Potomus Pete, 90sickfox and 2 others

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,024
1,658
163
nevada
Jan 6, 2021
#13
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #13
Nice notch.
 

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
6,946
5,818
213
Jan 6, 2021
#14
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #14
I had forgotten that I pulled one of those heat sinks from the JY a couple years ago. Guess I need to dig it out and add it to my list.

Very nice looking notch. I look forward to more updates of your progress.
 

rotorhead22

Active Member
Dec 17, 2020
175
89
38
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Jan 6, 2021
#15
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #15
90sickfox said:
I had forgotten that I pulled one of those heat sinks from the JY a couple years ago. Guess I need to dig it out and add it to my list.

Very nice looking notch. I look forward to more updates of your progress.
Click to expand...
I had to remove 5 fins from that sink and then took a wire wheel to it to remove a lot of dirt and oxidation.
 

rotorhead22

Active Member
Dec 17, 2020
175
89
38
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Jan 6, 2021
#16
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #16
90sickfox said:
Welcome to the forum. This is turning into a Florida mustang meeting place. A bunch of my friends have moved there...maybe I'll move there when I retire....just maybe.
Click to expand...
I retired from the military to here however does get freaking humid. We were stationed in Alaska for 8 years so I'm good with it.
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,246
153
Sarasota Florida
Jan 6, 2021
#17
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #17
Lots of retired military around Wesley Chapel. Lots of good cars around there too
 

rotorhead22

Active Member
Dec 17, 2020
175
89
38
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Jan 6, 2021
#18
  • Jan 6, 2021
  • #18
Potomus Pete said:
Lots of retired military around Wesley Chapel. Lots of good cars around there too
Click to expand...
My sons in-laws just bought a 72 Camaro with a 427. They are by the high school
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
621
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
S
Preparation for Holley Terminator X install – Foxbody 306 (electrical fan, alternator, MSD Ignition, etc)
  • So_Flo
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 4, 2026
General karthief
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
139
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
5.0 Rebuild
  • smittys7up
  • Nov 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
932
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
keel
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?