Electrical 89 GT 5.0 Ac harness questions

sigsterrr

Jan 12, 2019
Florida
So I did a wire tuck when I restored the car and lost the ac harness to the compressor. Just purchased one from LMR and both the factory and the new connector are male connections. Am I missing a female female to go in between? Is the connector. Took a picture of not for the AC?

• Sponsors (?)

When I took mine apart to remove AC system it was one wire. No in-between plug. I don’t remember whether ends were male or female. I can get a pic when I get home from work tonight. (Mines an 86, but I think it should be the same)

Reactions: 1 user
That would be great. I’d love to know what color the engine harness wires are. I’m praying I didn’t tuck the wrong wires in the fenders.

When I took mine apart to remove AC system it was one wire. No in-between plug. I don’t remember whether ends were male or female. I can get a pic when I get home from work tonight. (Mines an 86, but I think it should be the same)

That's not where the ac plug goes. The black plug you post is the ACT sensor plug which you seem to not be using:

Ac plug is down near the power steering pump jumpingover from the frame rail under the starter relay.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks mustang5l5! Reading about that, now I may know why the engine is running rough. I’ll pick one up locally tonight or tomorrow. Now to find the right wires. What color are the wires on the correct connector?

I did a wire tuck at the same time I removed my AC. But if I remember right, the AC plug to the compressor would most likely have to be extended to get it into the fender well.

Thanks mustang5l5! Reading about that, now I may know why the engine is running rough. I’ll pick one up locally tonight or tomorrow. Now to find the right wires. What color are the wires on the correct connector?

The boss on the lower intake aren't drilled and tapped so you'll need to extend the wires and mount the act in the airbox.

You should find the other end of the D shaped plug in the bundle of wires that resided under the starter solenoid down by the frame rail, you did the wire tuck thing so you will have to look for that bunch of wires wherever you 'tucked' it.

I dug through my wire tuck photos. Here’s where mine ended up. I left that plug accessible just in case I ever decide to put AC back in. But now you can see why you would need to extend the harness (if yours ended up in a similar spot).
5B749FB8-E467-420D-9946-341819BF1ACB.png

Thanks y’all. I did install a new act sensor and it does seem to run much better. I just have it zip tied under the upper intake. I’ll pull the fender liner on the drivers side first and look for it in a little while.

Reactions: 1 users
I found it and extended the wires. Thanks again y’all.
Hey there! I know this is an old thread but it is the closest forum that I have found to what I am looking for. Just like you, I am doing a wire tuck on my 93 LX and the AC compressor harness is too short to reach inside the fender where the rest of the cables are. You mentioned that you extended the cables which is what I had in mind and was wondering what type of cable/gauge did you use? Was it basic 10g or 8g wiring? How did it work out for you? Any help is greatly appreciated?