Electrical 89 no injector pulse and fuel pump constantly running

I am new here but I have looked through all these forums trying to find an answer to my problem. I own a 89 hatch 5.0 5 speed. I recently purchased it (Saturday night) not running but quickly got it running (Sunday morning) with a fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition switch and battery. I drove it all Sunday working out a few kinks and getting used to the car (Its my first fox) and it ran good. I let it sit over night Sunday and when i woke up Monday, it didn't run. i went to work all day came home and found i had spark but the injectors wouldn't fire. I started at the ignition switch because this was similar to when it was broken but everything seemed to be ok. then I took one injector connection off and tested for power. it has 12v at the red wire. Next I inspected the computer connections and everything looked tight without water damage. The ground on the inner fender near the battery is also connected and has no corrosion. What else do i need to check? Am i over looking something? Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so I got to step #3 and the car started and now continues to start and idle but its very rough and wants to die when i rev it up. I am continuing to test fuel related issues and ill keep this updated but another issue is the fuel pump wont turn off with the key in run. could this be causing the rough idle?

yes you can replace the caps..there are 3 of them..do a search on eec cap replacment and pulling out the eec..you will learn more on the web than i can explain..also after you get the eec repaired and start the car the car is going to run rough..because the eec is relearning..let it run for a while..after shutting it down and restarting and run it a few times..it might take a couple of days then the car should idle and drive as normal..unless theres something else causing a problem

Ok so update..... continuing the checklist i went and got a noid light and hooked it up. The light stayed on and the car continued to run like crap. I then pulled the computer so i could inspect and see how the connections looked, they were corroded so i cleaned and put everything back. THEN I checked for codes because i noticed the check engine light on and while i was doing that my brother gets in the car, kicks the computer on the floorboard, and everything works. it ran, idled, and drove fine. I'm leaning twords this being a computer issue... after all this I can still drive the car so long as i wiggle the computer around a little