90 5.0 Turbo TFS heads stock cam Help tuning ASE

larryx4

Feb 18, 2018
Hello, been checking out the sight for awhile even watched the videos a91what has posted. Just have a few questions and need a second set of eyes on my tune. Car is driveable, idles pretty good. Starting to tune ASE and has me stumped, keeps going rich no matter what i do. Also have some questions about the timing table.
Car is a 90 5.0 5spd, stock rebuild with stock cam, TFS 170cc heads, GT40 explorer intake, 60lb injectors, 70mm throttle body and a ON3 turbo kit.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    120.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum! It would best help us if you are able to provide a datalog of a cold start-up, so we are able to see any possible issue. What are you targeting AFR wise during warm-up?

It great to see another MS user on the forum.

Thats actually a bit on the rich side on warmup.. unless you have a massive cam with tons of overlap that too rich and can make the car stutter..

ASE can only be tuned after the VE table, WUE, and Cranking PW have been adjusted.

Just got done glancing through your tune file, I have to ask who wrote this tune??? before you move forward the injector dead time settings need to be fixed, then the idle settings are very questionable...

Thanks for taking a look. I got the tune from diyautotune base tune for the 5.0 and from there I have been messing it up. Tried messing with injector dead time but the place I got the injectors from didn't send any info with them. Got the injectors from TRE.

good injectors but they dont play well sometimes. Has alot to do with the injector minimum PW.. usually not an issue with a 331 or larger but on a 302 they can be.
Luckily for you I already have the settings for that injector on a spreadsheet.

Target Min PW (ms)1.911247043
Dead Time -------------- Battery Correction
0.487713391 ------------- 0.111088641

thats just step #1... once you get the dead time fixed then you can start to retune the VE table, after that is complete then you can do the hot start ASE and Cranking PW, now that the injector settings are going to be correct they should need very little adjustment from the base tune..

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.