Engine 90-flywheel and balancer for 331 stroker

sibhus

Feb 10, 2019
burke
In the process of piecing up parts for my 331 stroker which requires 28oz balancing. Im having a hard time figuring out which flywheel and balancer to use as it seems ill need a 28oz flywheel suited for a 10.5 clutch, most of the ones im seeing are for the older mustangs which ran on 28oz. Also cant figure out which balancer to use as it seems the crank pulley is different for the 87 and up fox mustangs.

Curious if anyone knows or has been through this, thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

This should be easy, I just bought a Scat 331 stroker kit. It came 28 oz balanced with a damper and flexplate. I am using it in my 82, which has always had 28 oz stuff. I did need a spacer for the fluid damper on my last two engines and this one to locate the crank pulley. Separately, several years ago I bought a 28 oz flywheel and clutch setup for the 79 for a T5 install that I have not got to yet. Should be easy to find.

Yes you guys are right there are lots to choose from, however most all of them are for a 10" clutch. So far I only found FMS carrying one that is designed has the correct bolt pattern for a 10.5 clutch for a fox mustang. I think Centerforce has one but was hoping for something less costly. Just ended up getting the FMS as its the cheapest one that will actually fit a fox mustang..