91/92 engine and computer

• Sponsors (?)

THC420 said:
are there any differences in engine + computer on a 91 and 92 GT? or are they the exact same for both years?

They are the same. I just sold mine on ebay. Went for $127 with 87k on it. If I were you I'd save your money and go carb. You don't need any of that computer crap...lol. :nice:

Killer50stang said:
If I were you I'd save your money and go carb. You don't need any of that computer crap...lol. :nice:

At this point, it would cost him more to convert backwards from EFI to even a stock Carbeurated, than it would for him to build a good running, kick @ss EFI set up.

I don't get the big carb kick? Sure it's an option if you're a;ready running a carbed car, or starting from scratch and building on a budget. But aside from people who more than likely have no idea as to what they're doing when it comes to EFI anyway, there are no advantages at all to swaping backwards from an EFI, to a carbeurated set up!

You are correct! :nice: ....but regardless either computer will work. I drove aroud in my '87 LX for nearly a year with an automatic computer after my T-5 conversion, before switching to a 5-speed computer. No noticable difference at all.