91 LX fuel injected/ AOD to Carb/c4.. help.. advice..

vladtepes

Feb 12, 2010
cross posted on a couple other sites but would like some feedback here as well...

First off I understand I will be losing some advantages of fuel injected going to carb (fuel economy, etc..)
The main reason I want to go to carb is to eliminate all the bull**** sensors, wires, etc.. and make the car more simple..

It is a daily driven car.. only looking for low 13s..

The car is a 91 Mustang LX
Motor: 302, .030 over.. aka 306
rebuilt gt40 heads
ford motorsports E cam 489/489lift
roller rockers
weiand intake
MSD distributer
msd coil
ford racing plus wires
holley *650 or 750* (he can't remember and is double checking)
high flow water pump
new rings/bearings in the bottom end
Trans: c4 new trq converter 3200 stall

I THINK from what I read that I can use a regulator with a return line to regulate down the fuel pressure from EFI range to a more controllable pressure so that I am not flooding the carb..

but what I am NOT sure about is the following..
*can I just change to a fuel pump that is more carb friendly while still utilizing most of the factory fuel lines, fuel tank, and plumbing.. what would need to be changed to run a carb type pump..

*do i need to do anything special to run a c4 in a car that was originally equipped with an AOD trans.. I kind of need this answered for both carb and fuel injected.. would i need to make any changes in either situation..

*the carb motor is complete.. air cleaner to oil pan.. what other special consideration do i need to give to this..

and finally.. if i instead just stay fuel injected and swap over my fuel injected stuff.. how much of the carb stuff would I have to change out? my guess is carb (obviously), distributor, intake.. anything else? if i DO go fuel injected.. and give up those carb specific parts what parts would i buy that would be fuel injected compatible that would keep me close to that low 13 second mark..

just trying to wrap my head around what options I have available to me..

thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

Have you ever owned a performance carb vehicle before? "more simple" is definitely not in the description of one. Buy yourself a good efi intake and that setup should run 13s, you'll lose a little power through the c4, but if you haven't started buying up carb parts yet....I would honestly not go that route

Have you ever owned a performance carb vehicle before? "more simple" is definitely not in the description of one. Buy yourself a good efi intake and that setup should run 13s, you'll lose a little power through the c4, but if you haven't started buying up carb parts yet....I would honestly not go that route

yeah just not sure...
i just got an edelbrock lower efi intake for free.. i guess that would replace the weiand intake if i go to fuel injected... what else out of the motor could i NOT keep.. and what parts would you guys recomend replacing those parts with..

in other words.. i assume the

weiand intake is carb specific so i can replace it with the edelbrock lower intake..

so what other parts would you guys recomend..
really just trying to balance this all out and figure out what to do....
thanks again..

Motor: 302, .030 over.. aka 306
rebuilt gt40 heads
ford motorsports E cam 489/489lift
roller rockers
weiand intake
MSD distributer
msd coil
ford racing plus wires
holley *650 or 750* (he can't remember and is double checking)
high flow water pump
new rings/bearings in the bottom end
Trans: c4 new trq converter 3200 stall