92 5.0 LX auto shifter help

Hi. I recently bought a 92 5.0 Lx automatic car and im pretty sure my shifter handle is on wrong. The button on the handle is facing the passenger side of the car so I have to use my pinky to push it in. Shouldnt the button be facing the drivers side so you can use your thumb to push it in? The shifter rod is definitely in right but that shifter handle is on wrong. HOW DOES THE HANDLE COME OFF OF THE SHIFTER ROD AND WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED TO DO IT? My shifter handle does not have a set screw on it??? I DO NOT need to take the whole shifter apart do I??? My car has the factory automatic shifter in it! I appreciate any help you can give me!!! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

THANKS 93LX!!!! It did work! All I had to do was pull up on the emergency brake, turn the key on, put it in low(first gear) and held the button in and pulled up on the handle and it came right off! You have to push the button in the whole way when you put the handle back on or else you wont be able to put it in park but it did work!!! Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!