Electrical 92LX o2 sensor voltage question

Blucifer99

I only understand every 3rd word
Jul 15, 2018
Port Mcnicoll Ontario
i have no idea where to post this question so im just gonna post it here and hope to god someone who knows what they are talking about can answer my question..
Ive run into a rich condition and ive checked over everything i needed to so i can rule that out... Now on to my question..

is a o2 sensors voltage supose to fluctuate or stay fixed at idle? the o2 sensor thats ran by the Red/black wire "pin 43" is showing .45v at idle while the o2 sensor with the grey/light blue wire shows that it fluctuates between .20-.90v at idle.. Now my question is .... is the o2 sensor thats holding steady at .45vs bad or good? ive read many places that a o2s voltage is supose to fluctuate between rich and lean at idle.. my passengers side does... my drivers side doesnt it holds at .45v until i give it some throttle then it goes up to about .55v then falls back to .45.. Oh and both o2s on start up show .00v then they both slowly rise up to about .40vs and only the one o2 flucutates while the other just goes up to .45vs at idle.

any help would be greatly appreicated because im just about ready to buy 2 more new o2s and try them to see.... and these 02s that i have in my car are new as of may 24th this year...

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a book that will get you started with how the Ford electronic engine control or "computer" works

Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control 1988-1993 by Charles Probst :ISBN 0-8376-0301-3.

It's about $25-$50 from Borders.com see http://www.amazon.com/ . Select books and then select search. Use the ISBN number (without dashes or spaces) to do a search. Try searching using M-1832-Z1 instead of the ISBN number if you don’t get any positive results. You may only be able to find a used one, since the book is as old as the cars it covers. Or you order it from your Ford dealer as SVO part no. M-1832-Z1.

Use the ISBN number and your local library can get you a loaner copy for free. Only thing is you are limited to keeping the book for two weeks. It is very good, and I found it to be very helpful.

Other than that....

No comment....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Here's a book that will get you started with how the Ford electronic engine control or "computer" works

Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control 1988-1993 by Charles Probst :ISBN 0-8376-0301-3.

It's about $25-$50 from Borders.com see http://www.amazon.com/ . Select books and then select search. Use the ISBN number (without dashes or spaces) to do a search. Try searching using M-1832-Z1 instead of the ISBN number if you don’t get any positive results. You may only be able to find a used one, since the book is as old as the cars it covers. Or you order it from your Ford dealer as SVO part no. M-1832-Z1.

Use the ISBN number and your local library can get you a loaner copy for free. Only thing is you are limited to keeping the book for two weeks. It is very good, and I found it to be very helpful.

Other than that....

No comment....

I figured out the problem. While i was swtiching my o2s sides i noticed that my header flange bolts were abit loose on the drivers side. So i retorqued them down and switched o2s sides. Took the car for decent ride then came home and started koeo and koer tests and looks like sealing up the drivers side header flange and swappin the o2s cleared the koer code 92.. Now my o2s are working properly and the rich condition on the drivers side is gone. Koeo came back code 11 and cm 11 then koer came back code 11. Also no more misfire either. Hopefully it stays fixed. Lol

Reactions: 1 user