93 Door Weather Stripping

BenL

Aug 24, 2014
Hey guys I need some help here. I have a 93 notch that needed door weather stripping bad so I ordered some from American Muscle and installed it. I was not to hard of a job. Thing is, now the doors just don't seem to fit right. The gaps around the doors are huge, I have previously installed new door pins. No matter how I adjust the door strikers I just can't get the doors to fit right. It really seems like the weather stripping is just to thick. Especially the front part where the door meets the body. Has anyone else had this problem? Any insight or help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

That's common with these aftermarket door gaskets. As good as they are, they never do fit like the OE ones. I bought mine from CJ Pony Parts a couple of years back.....who probably get's theirs from the same supplier.

The good news is, that they eventually will "squish" into place. Try parking the car in the hot sun to let them soften up. It could take a few months.. Get used to slamming your door extra hard for a little while.