Interior and Upholstery 93 LX Convertible What attaches to this?

Mike_LX

Dec 17, 2018
Bensalem, PA
What attaches to these two studs? Interior was apart when I got the car.

Attachments

• Quest2.jpg
    Quest2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, as I said I would I checked my car. Mine has the same two "studs" and with nothing attached. I didn't recall ever removing anything from the floor level when I pulled the back end of mine apart. I wanted to double check before I said that though.

The ones in my car have never had anything threaded onto them from the time the car was painted on the assembly line. All of the factory paint is intact on them (threads and all). I couldn't be sure if that they aren't actually studs but instead bolts installed from under the car to hold something on the bottom side. I'm getting creaky and pudgy and couldn't get up underneath the car far enough to see to confirm this.

Hope that helps ya!

They hold some sort of bracket under the car. I have my seats out already so I snapped a picture as well, then crawled under my car and reached the best I could with my phone to show what it was holding. I have no idea what that bracket is even there for!! Anyone else know??

48123495706_6896a8a125_c.jpg

48123494821_e6d422d974_c.jpg

I may have a possible answer, although I'm not entirely sure but I seem to remember when I had the interior out of my hatchback there was a bracket bolted there for the rear fold down seats.
i believe the floor pan section for the fox platform would be uniform for coupe, verts and hatch backs.
if I could get @FoxChasis to chime in he may know. It may be a while, he is a very busy man :hide:

Reactions: 1 users
I may have a possible answer, although I'm not entirely sure but I seem to remember when I had the interior out of my hatchback there was a bracket bolted there for the rear fold down seats.
i believe the floor pan section for the fox platform would be uniform for coupe, verts and hatch backs.
if I could get @FoxChasis to chime in he may know. It may be a while, he is a very busy man :hide:
You are correct. :nice:

Sooo, you just gotta post a pic to prove I was right, always with the pics. Pics of this, pics of that! Well pic this!
Wait, where's my coffee cup? Any of you guys know where my coffee cup is? Maybe I'll post a pic in case someone has seen it.

Reactions: 1 user
Picture is worth a thousand words.

I was actually doing something unrelated in the car and looked down and noticed the bracket and remembered this thread. Now, if this thread ever gets searched, there's a pic

• Useful