93 Mark VIII aluminum block build up

Teksid5.1

May 24, 2009
I just picked up two mark viii motors one out of a 93 the other is out of a 94. I have a storker kit and a procharger and wanted to build a bad motor to put in my 96 gt. I have been lookin for a teksid block for some time and I ran across these to motors cheap. The 94 is a good running engine out of a wrecked lincoln, the 93 doesn't run. I tore the 93 down to find a broken valve spring, about a gallon and a half of antifreeze in the oil and a valve through a piston. I only need the block which looks fine but I wanted a teksid. I thought all those lincolns had teksids in them. It looks like a teksid with the ribbing but the part numbers don't match. This blocks part number is F2LK 6010 AG. A teksids is F6LZ 6010 AB. Does anyone know what block this is

• Sponsors (?)

I'm thinking it's a 92 Lincoln block based on the F2LK (F2=1992, L=Lincoln). The K could mean a number of things, apparently. I haven't found a reference for that letter.

The part number F6LZ simply means it's a 96 Lincoln block, probably a dealer replacement. A Teksid from 98 Lincoln should say F8L? where the 4th digit could be any of a number of letters depending on factors only someone at Ford would know. Theoretically a Teksid from a 97 Cobra would say F7Z?, again with any of a number of letters in the 4th position. "Z" in the 3rd position means Mustang. In practice, the engine number could be any of a number of options. I wouldn't look at that number as the confirmation, rather look at the block itself.

There is no single part number for Teksid blocks. I think the best way to tell is if it's from a 90's Ford or Lincoln and has square casting marks in the valley. I don't think anyone else supplied aluminum blocks for Ford in the 90's. There is apparently a FWD block from a Continental that is not useful due to the FWD trans bolt pattern.