? 93 Notch, Calypso, Changing Original Color, Should I?

GeorgeORH

Apr 7, 2011
Ok guys, I really need some opinions on this.

I bought a 93 Calypso Notch (5 speed, v8 original) Mustang about 9 months ago.

It was wrecked up front but repaired but NEVER repainted. So it has a redbumper, red hood, and red fender.
So, It has to be painted and NEEDS painting.

I'm really torn.

Do I repaint the car the original Calypso (which I'm not crazy about the color), But I'm thinking of value if I ever sold the car.
OR
Do I tear the car apart and paint it Black (or any other color I want to)?
Will this hurt the value later?

What would you do?

P.S. If I go black,,, I'm thinking some flat ghost strips, Possibly a single stripe down the hood.

THANKS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Follow your gut decision. When i painted my car, i was either going with the new camaro maroon/red, or redfire pearl metallic. I did spray samples, and racked my brain for months about the decision, and in the end i decieded that i liked the color of my car as it was. The painters didnt agree, and a couple other people told me i wouldnt like it. In the end, the painters said i made the right choice, and i am happy i went with my gut and made my own decision.

90lxcoupe,
What color is your car?

The issue I'm at is that the Calypso is different, But not a favorite of mine. And later if I did sell the car, I know it takes a special someone to like Calypso.

90lxcoupe,
What color is your car?

The issue I'm at is that the Calypso is different, But not a favorite of mine. And later if I did sell the car, I know it takes a special someone to like Calypso.

it is maroon. I had the original hood scanned and a color was picked that was the closest match. It ended up being a rolls royce color. I do not have the paint code for it

I'm a little biased, but I say keep it.

You'd be covering up one of the rarest colors they made. That said, it's your car, so do what you want. At this point in time, unless it's an uber-low mile car, you're not hurting the value any. If you're planning on selling at some point, I'd stay away from the stripe idea though.

Attachments

16.6 KB · Views: 118
From what I think on it so far is that I could paint how I want. If at some point it becomes collectible and I keep it another 40 years, It could always be painted back, No harm no foul?

19 years ago I wanted a Black Notch,,,, I still want a black notch but couldn't find the right one to buy, So I found the calypso 93 notch...

I really like the Calypso color, like stated it's fairly unique and sets it apart a bit. Black looks great when perfectly clean, I've had a black vehicle and since then I've done my best to never purchase another black car because it's such a pain to keep looking good IMO.