'94/'95 5.0 CAI options. Which system are u runnin?

I got the $30 Ebay kit on mine for the time being. I plan on making my own when I buy a welder. For now this is cheap and effective. I only used part of the kit.

Attachments

• Motor12-29-05.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 65
I made my own out of 3in PVC and fernco's. Painted it black and got a K&N filter kit that has a filter and a maf adapter.

I now have that adap. mounted to my 98gt maf that I am now going to run...I had to redrill some of the holes but it fits really well.

just make your own.

I always suspect actual results of a mod that is known to give small or subtle gains at best when I see others say things like ........

"I felt a difference when I did that mod!"

A CAI would certainly fall in that camp.

however

I really did feel a difference with my home made CAI

The difference is noticed when the temps are lower
After the temps climb, the bulk of the gain is gone

Mine is home made with the filter/maf behind the headlight.

Here are a couple things I think helped my efforts

1. it doesn't draw hot air from the engine compartment
2. filter to elbow ... straight shot ... only ONE 45 degree bend

Not only did I feel a difference ..........

Dlogs show airflow gains from nothing but pipe change

Bends and filter location DO make a difference

I picked up airflow by deleting one 90 degree bend

My final thoughts about CAI's would be ...........

they can be effective
but
not all of em are

Grady

I also picked up one off eBay - kudos to Grady for measuring his airflow before and after - I did no such thing so I can't comment on any performance gain - I put mine in to clean up the engine bay.

Got it for $35 shipped from eBay - looks nice and pretty.

el cheapo off ebay here. it was one of those $20 ones with $30 shipping. turned out when i got it, the filter and couplers wasnt what i ordered. the company never would get back with me after i tried for 2 weeks so i got paypal and ebay involved. i got refunded the $50 and i kept the kit.

just installed it this week and i was surprised. to be a cheap no-name kit, it went together very well. cleaned up the bay. it was definetly worth....nothing

Just don't order a cheapy off of E-Bay. It ended up costing more in the long run to find the right fitting parts than it would have if I had only gotten a high-priced on. Definitely put a K&N or equivalent on it. I agree, the horsepower change you feel will be the K&N, not the CAI.