'94/'95 5.0 CAI options. Which system are u runnin?

• Sponsors (?)

I got the $30 Ebay kit on mine for the time being. I plan on making my own when I buy a welder. For now this is cheap and effective. I only used part of the kit.

Motor12-29-05.jpg

Attachments

• Motor12-29-05.jpg
    Motor12-29-05.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 66
I made my own out of 3in PVC and fernco's. Painted it black and got a K&N filter kit that has a filter and a maf adapter.

I now have that adap. mounted to my 98gt maf that I am now going to run...I had to redrill some of the holes but it fits really well.

just make your own.

I always suspect actual results of a mod that is known to give small or subtle gains at best when I see others say things like ........

"I felt a difference when I did that mod!"

A CAI would certainly fall in that camp.

however

I really did feel a difference :rlaugh: with my home made CAI ;)

The difference is noticed when the temps are lower :)
After the temps climb, the bulk of the gain is gone :(

Mine is home made with the filter/maf behind the headlight.

Here are a couple things I think helped my efforts :shrug:

1. it doesn't draw hot air from the engine compartment
2. filter to elbow ... straight shot ... only ONE 45 degree bend

Not only did I feel a difference ..........

Dlogs show airflow gains from nothing but pipe change :nice:

Bends and filter location DO make a difference ;)

I picked up airflow by deleting one 90 degree bend :banana:

My final thoughts about CAI's would be ...........

they can be effective :)
but
not all of em are :(

Grady

I also picked up one off eBay - kudos to Grady for measuring his airflow before and after - I did no such thing so I can't comment on any performance gain - I put mine in to clean up the engine bay.

Got it for $35 shipped from eBay - looks nice and pretty.

el cheapo off ebay here. it was one of those $20 ones with $30 shipping. turned out when i got it, the filter and couplers wasnt what i ordered. the company never would get back with me after i tried for 2 weeks so i got paypal and ebay involved. i got refunded the $50 and i kept the kit. :D

just installed it this week and i was surprised. to be a cheap no-name kit, it went together very well. cleaned up the bay. it was definetly worth....nothing :rolleyes:

Just don't order a cheapy off of E-Bay. It ended up costing more in the long run to find the right fitting parts than it would have if I had only gotten a high-priced on. Definitely put a K&N or equivalent on it. I agree, the horsepower change you feel will be the K&N, not the CAI.