94-95 Mustang GT Auto Dual Microsquirt ECUs

beyondEOD

Nov 23, 2019
Indiana
Hello,

I am looking down the road of MS EMS. I'm trying to determine what makes since for my budget.

First the build details:
SBE, GT40P Heads and Intake
Andersen B31 Cam
30# injectors, stock SN MAF
BBK shorties, VRS Catted X
AODE Trans (4r70w in works)
PTC 3300 Stall
4.10 Gear
EGR/Smog Delete
A/C retained
Dry Nitrous
14point7 Spartan 2 Wideband

Goals:
Easyish learning curve for tuning
Retain stock guages
Retain AC
Retain Cooling fan function
Transmission control

I have a Moates QH that I had planned on using but it was suggested I look into MS for more nitrous control.

If it's possible I'd like to control fueling enrichment specifically when nitrous is flowing with the ems rather than with the FPR.

What options do I have. Budget is low.

1. Keep Moates and figure it out and fuel is only enriched through the FPR.

2. Dual Microsquirt setup, 1 for engine and 1 for transmission.

3. Microsquirt for engine and stock ecu for transmission with a Moates? This is a brain storm idea and does not seem ideal at all as I'd have two separate tubes and a wiring mess.

4. Something else. Remember budget is low.

• Sponsors (?)

@a91what will chime in shortly. From what I see it isn't complicated to control everything with a expansion board and MS2. The best would probably be the PimpXS its based on MS3 and can control a whole bunch of stuff.

You say budget. The QH uses the stock ECU. These things are getting old and the components on the computer boards are beginning to fail more and more. If you get a PimpXS you won't need another system. It can transfer to any make and model. It'll run just about anything.

You can do it with 2 micros, or you can look into the pimpxshift from stinger.

2 micros if you hunt around on facebook can be had for pretty cheap.

Nitrous is very simple with MS, I even have a spreadsheet to use with it.

Thanks for the replies.

If I went with 2 Micros do you forsee any issues with the limited I/Os for my setup with nitrous and wanting to retain AC?

I have a line on one of them for cheap with the harness for the 95. I'd just need to find another to run as a tcu.

The pimpxshift is beyond my budget unfortunately unless I ran the QH for now and saved up.

the i/o is limited, I have low budget solutions for that as well... I will be releasing my own expansion module soon, adds 9 sensor inputs - 4 digital inputs [can be ground or 12v] 2pwm outputs capable of driving a boost controller

Here is from DIYAutoTune.

Looks like the micro will operate the AC except for turning off under full throttle. But they make a kit that will remedy that.

"If you have an MS2, you can use the two stepper IAC outputs to drive the relays – just wire the two IAC1 wires across the coil of the low speed fan relay, and the IAC2 wires across the coil of the high speed fan relay. The ECU did not control the fans on ’93 and earlier models.

Air conditioning: The ECU can turn the A/C off at full throttle, but it does not turn the A/C on. You can use an MK-RelayCtrl if you want to add this function, but the A/C can operate on its own with no intervention from the ECU. It just won’t shut off at full throttle."

The micro only has 2 remaining outputs that can be used to drive a relay, It has 3 available but WLED is used to fire the coil with a micro. The fans can be controlled with ALED and the TACH ouput. This leaves you no outputs to use for the boost controller, ALED is capable to drive this load. The AC will function but no wot switch, this is important. on the MS3 varient stinger I would just write a loop function but that cant be done on MS2 firmware. The AC relay can be altered that will allow the micro to control the AC full time, you will need an input for the AC switch. This is usually a 12v+ input circuit, this can be wired into the nitrous input as it can accept 12v+
bottom line is your out of outputs.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not worried about running the nitrous system from the micro as long as I have an input that will add the fuel and retard timing when my n2o switch triggers.

Will this alleviate the output issue?

Ok I ordered the EFI Source MS3 Gold box for a foxbody today with extra pins for the EEC plug. I plan to repin where needed and integrate the microsquirt into that harness to run the transmission.

I'll start a new thread with a build thread incase someone else wants to do this.