94 GT, Boss331, T-56, IRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserfiveohhh

May 31, 2007
DSC02127.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

$7000 obo
I am selling my 1994 Laser Red Ford Mustang GT. It has many modifications, including a new engine. There are 140,000 miles on the car, with less than 5000 miles on the new engine. I have also added a Tremec T-56 6 speed transmission with a 26 spline input shaft and Quicktime bellhousing, an MGW short-shifter, an Independent Rear Suspension and aluminum driveshaft, both from a 2003 Cobra Mustang. The differential has 3.55:1 gears inside with the factory trak lok.The modifications really affected the Mustang’s handling; it is one of the best riding Mustangs I’ve driven. I have also upgraded the suspension to coilover on all four wheels, and the car rides lower than stock. Additionally, there are welded in subframe connectors from Maximum Motorsports. The wheels are 17 inch black-painted “Cobra R” style rims, 9 inches wide in front and 10.5 inches wide in the rear, still in very good condition. The front tires are 275/40/17 Sumitomo HTZIII fairly new, and the rear tires are 315/35/17 Nitto NT-05 that have two summers on them. The car has a Cervini’s Cobra R hood, which it needs to clear the intake on the engine. The instrument panel has white-faced gauges that can have either blue or green backlighting. The stereo in the car is a Panasonic CD Player with iPod hookup and options for CD changer controls. The car also has Ohio-legal window tint (50% on the front windows, and 35% on all rear windows. It has dealer installed keyless entry, along with the power windows and locks, and working Air Conditioning.

The engine is a Ford “mock Boss” 331 cubic inch engine. Its foundation is a Ford Racing Boss 302 block with splayed four bolt main caps and screw-in casting plugs for all coolant and oil passages. All of the main caps have ARP studs and splayed bolts. The crank is a forged Probe stroker crank and has forged Probe H-beam connecting rods with ARP rod bolts. The pistons are forged Probe items flycut for Cleveland-style intake valves. Currently, this all adds up to a compression ratio of 10.06:1. All bearings are Clevite high performance bearings. The clutch is a Centerforce Dual Friction, while the flywheel is an aluminum Fidanza piece. The damper is made by Ford Racing, along with the water pump. The camshaft is a custom grind, designed by FTI’s Ed Curtis and ground by Comp Cams. The lifters are Comp Cams Magnum link-bar style hydraulic roller lifters pushing Comp Cams hardened pushrods against Comp Cams Hi-Tech stainless roller rockers with a 1.73:1 ratio. The cylinder heads are Trick Flow Powerport 190cc Cleveland style heads. They have 2.08 inch intake valves and 1.65 inch exhaust valves with 190cc intake runners. I ported them a bit, and they flow right at 300 cfm through the intake ports and around 215 cfm through the exhaust. They are considered 2v heads, and have CNC chambers; the exhaust runners are raised .100”. I have also included an STC Flip-Chip programmed by Precision Autosport so that the car’s computer will recognize the engine modifications and optimize engine/vehicle performance. The intake manifold is a B&A Track Boss. It is a single plane intake and has been ported extensively. It is one of few intake designs for a Boss 302 and has also been modified to run fuel injectors by Wilson Manifolds. The engine is topped off by a 90mm Accufab throttle body, and a Wilson intake elbow with a 90mm Lightning mass air flow meter. The exhaust starts with Hedman Headers 1-7/8” primary tube, a 3 inch collector full-length headers into full 3 inch dual exhaust, with an X-pipe crossover and MAC mufflers. The tailpipes are designed to go under the 2003 Cobra IRS, which has been modified by replacing several of the bushings. The subframe bushings have been replaced by polyurethane Maximum Motorsports bushings, while the differential mount bushings are Delrin and aluminum by Full Tilt Boogie Racing. The rear subframe mount has been reinforced by Steeda braces welded in. It also has Bilstein shocks with coilover springs from Maximum Motorsports to match the front Bilstein struts, also with Maximum Motorsports coilovers and camber/caster plates and tubular lower control arms.

This car made 370hp at the wheels and 342ft-lb of torque. With a carburetor, it made 451 hp and 413 ft-lbs of torque on an engine dyno. You can view the dyno videos here: YouTube - ‪Boss 331 dyno pull‬‏ and YouTube - ‪Dyno Pull‬‏.
The car needs paint, and some minor body work mostly on the hood. The paint and body-work is a quick fix for the most part with the right tools and know-how. The body is solid with no rust. I have never drag-raced this car, but it is fast. It has been an almost daily driver for me, except in the winter, when it is parked. The car has been driveway kept and maintained. I have never wrecked the car or been in a wreck with it. That said, part of the reason I am deciding to part with this car is that I bought another car and need to sell this one. I will be sad to see it go, but I’m hoping that someone will be interested in picking it up and giving it the time and attention it deserves. I have a box of receipts going back to before I owned the car for everything I've done to it.

There are more pictures at Boss 331 pictures by moose4130 - Photobucket

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.