94 GT Convertible Project GT40P, B303, etc

I just traded for a friends project car. It’s a 94 GT Convertible Cobra clone with GT40P heads, B303 cam, Moates quarter horse, 4.10s, 5 speed, etc.

the car supposedly has a base tune on the Quarter Horse and It runs poorly. Won’t idle. I would like to run codes but when I try to use my Snapon scanner it won’t communicate. When I jumper the 2 plugs on the under hood diagnostic connector, the engine light doesn’t flash.

I suspect the TPS wiring is not correct but alldata doesn’t give good info on the connectors.

My big issue is that I can’t run codes. Is the Quarter horse causing the problem? Anyone have an idea?

• Sponsors (?)

My first thought would be to remove the Quarterhorse and see what the stock computer gives you if that's possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Troubleshoot without the QH for now. ID what injectors/MAF you are using.

By buddy built a Fox with that same combo (GT40P, B303, 4.10's) and it ran awesome with a stock A9x ECU. I know the SN95 ecu is a bit more finicky for cam swaps however though.

Troubleshoot without the QH for now. ID what injectors/MAF you are using.

By buddy built a Fox with that same combo (GT40P, B303, 4.10's) and it ran awesome with a stock A9x ECU. I know the SN95 ecu is a bit more finicky for cam swaps however though.
I am running the wrong MAF and injectors at the moment, I think I need to get a set of 460 injectors and a BBK 76mm MAF.