94 GT Convertible Project GT40P, B303, etc

I just traded for a friends project car. It’s a 94 GT Convertible Cobra clone with GT40P heads, B303 cam, Moates quarter horse, 4.10s, 5 speed, etc.

the car supposedly has a base tune on the Quarter Horse and It runs poorly. Won’t idle. I would like to run codes but when I try to use my Snapon scanner it won’t communicate. When I jumper the 2 plugs on the under hood diagnostic connector, the engine light doesn’t flash.

I suspect the TPS wiring is not correct but alldata doesn’t give good info on the connectors.

My big issue is that I can’t run codes. Is the Quarter horse causing the problem? Anyone have an idea?

My first thought would be to remove the Quarterhorse and see what the stock computer gives you if that's possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Troubleshoot without the QH for now. ID what injectors/MAF you are using.

By buddy built a Fox with that same combo (GT40P, B303, 4.10's) and it ran awesome with a stock A9x ECU. I know the SN95 ecu is a bit more finicky for cam swaps however though.

I am running the wrong MAF and injectors at the moment, I think I need to get a set of 460 injectors and a BBK 76mm MAF.