94 GT 'vert rear window ?

My driver side rear window wont go down or anything at all. It has power and when trying to get it go to the "up" position, I can hear the motor moving. The glass is stuck up. I know its no big deal but the car just looks kinda sill with the little glass pieces up and the top down. How hard is it to get to the inside where it rides on the track? Could the gear be stripped?

Thanks,
Devon

• Sponsors (?)

Devon, welcome to the boards!

If 94-95 rear vert motors suck like fox versions, then yes the gears/bushings/race very likely stripped.

The output shaft of the motor will spin but the broken bits keep the torque from being transferred to the gear that meshes with the regulator.

On a fox the window motor comes out easy (3 bolts) and there are but a couple screws to open it up and examine the guts. I dont know how the 94-95 motor (it's a different design than foxes) differs.

Good luck.

Replacement is fairly easy. I had to do this on both sides after I got my car.
1)Backseat comes out
2)Pop the panel off(the door sill plate will have to come off 1st)
3)Disconnect the speaker(s)
4)Remove the speaker housing(3 scews on mine w/ MAch 460)
Now you have access to the window motor. As said, it's only 3 screws. Make sure you get Lithium Grease and spray the new gear as well as the window regulator.

The thing that sucks is you can't buy just the gears like you can on the Foxbodies; you have to get the whole motor.