94 Mustang - Cranks but no start

H302

Jun 22, 2010
So just yesterday I got my hands on a beat up 1994 V6 Mustang. It had been sitting on this lady's property for roughly 5 years with no use.

The car cranks but doesnt start. I can hear the fuel pump whirring as well as removing a spark plug and noting its soaked with fuel. The "theft" light doesnt turn on either. I went through the fuses and the emergency fuel cutoff switch and all was okay.

On a side note, we tore down the engine and we noticed its black from the intake to the heads and within the valve covers..

Is there something that I am missing?

• Sponsors (?)

So just yesterday I got my hands on a beat up 1994 V6 Mustang. It had been sitting on this lady's property for roughly 5 years with no use.

The car cranks but doesnt start. I can hear the fuel pump whirring as well as removing a spark plug and noting its soaked with fuel. The "theft" light doesnt turn on either. I went through the fuses and the emergency fuel cutoff switch and all was okay.

On a side note, we tore down the engine and we noticed its black from the intake to the heads and within the valve covers..

Is there something that I am missing?
A couple of questions.
  • Have you CONFIRMED spark? It doesn't sound like there is spark.
  • What have you done with the fuel tank? Has it been drained? There's no way that 5 year old gas isn't STALE!