94 mustang dash swap with 96 mustang dash

bullitt1939

Jul 18, 2009
I have a 94 mustang gt with a black/gray dash. I have a 96 black dash in excellent condition, but the wiring harness are different. Does anyone know a easy way to swap these? I could swap the harnesses, but it will be a lot of work. I tried to just plug and play but the plugs appear to be different. However, when dealing with cars nothing is easy. Any suggestions would be great. I am not sure if they make some type of adapter. I am hoping someone has run into this same issue.

• Sponsors (?)

You definitely need to swap the harnesses. Ford tried to save money by having different harnesses for each of the Mustang models, starting in 96. For 94 & 95, all Mustang models have the exact same dash harness.

It's not that much of a PITA, I've done it myself. Painting your current dash is not that big of an issue either, you just need some vinyl paint for the gray parts. I can recommend some excellent vinyl paint that I have used myself, it's an excellent match for our OEM colors. I would recommend repainting the whole dash black, so you won't have to worry about matching the 15 year old black already on the dash.