94 no spark blows eec fuse need help

Just finished rebuilding engine. everything is bolted back in place. will crank fine but found has no spark. check and find eec fuse in underhood fuse block blown. replaced fuse. still no spark and fuse blew again. also found connector for coil pack gets hot. found that when fuse is blown there is no power at red wire on connector for coil pack. any help would be great wiring problems and me dont get along!!

• Sponsors (?)

Check to make sure something like a piece of wire or metal didn't somehow fall into the coil pack connector plug,or a bent pin inside the plug.Something right at the coil pack is shorting out the EEC power causing the fuse to blow.You might've got something in there when you put everything back together.Check the wire going from the red pin to the noise suppressor.The noise suppressor is that small capacitor attached to the left corner bolt of the coil pack.It has a small plug between the suppressor and the coil pack wiring.The capacitor may have shorted out or the wiring may have a cut in it exposing bare wire and brushing against a ground.

Other items you could check - make sure harness going to coil pack didn't get cut into or pinched.The last possibility could be that the coil pack itself has internally shorted out (aka...it's defective).Check all of the above before you jump for a new coil pack.

I blame Ford on this one. After some head scratching and staring at wire diagrams i found my problem. as it turns out the coil pack and the cam sensor use the same connector. so i switched the connectors and problem solved. im not sure if i caused damage by having them hooked up backward but the coil was dead on cyl 3 and 4 after so i had to replace it. Its technically my fault but im gonna blame Ford. :nonono:

How did you manage that? For the life of me I can't figure out how you managed to plug the cam sensor plug into the coil pack and vice versa,let alone get the cam plug to reach the coil pack.Unless Ford had a different plug style in 94 for the cam sensor.Even then,the cam sensor is a rectangular 3 pin plug,while the coil pack is an oval 4 pin plug.There is also a different sized notch in one side of each of the plugs,and they're both different.Am I missing something here?

You could very well have overloaded one of the coils.A 12 volt signal wire continuously being fed a straight signal could overheat a coil,or you could have messed up something on the PCM for that specific coils signal wire.That would explain why your fuse was popping.