95 5.0 Gt40p Hci Build

NICK! the 95 is getting a tune next Tuesday the 10th. i'm shooting for 300hp+. What do you think about that??
any update? i'm rooting for you, but i have to say that getting 300 horses to the ground with stock ported heads and intake, (even thumper's gt40ps) has been VERY elusive for folks. over the years i have followed many builds similar to yours, and most of them seem to top out in the 280-290 range, and those have an aftermarket intake.

realistically, i'd expect something more in the 260-270 range with your combo.

keep us posted!

• Sponsors (?)

275 HP AND 300 TQ - the tune helped a lot but still feels like something is holding it back, it runs hotter than before the build, need to address the cooling. Also has Bosch +4 plugs in it right now and I think i may put the motorcraft ones back in.

I have a 180 deg thermostat, should I put it in?

If you still have the stock cat back (like you sig suggests), that may be holding back a few ponies. Im not saying it will put you at 300 rwhp, but between that and a less restrictive intake, I bet you can get it up to 290 or better. I would suggest a trickflow street heat, so that you dont sacrifice your torque, as that is really what is fun out on the street.

haha the factory ford muffs are still working for me for now. I redid my intake tube which really smoothed out the idle and installed a mishimoto radiator to keep cool in the 100* + temps. I am very happy with the way it has turned out. It feels like it is performing very well!