95 Cobra cooling fan

Bigcat9257

May 20, 2020
Pa
Ok guys, I am having a cooling fan issue and before asking the question, I searched for my answer and have not found it. I obviously have a cooling fan that won't turn on. I have replaced the CTS, fan, CCRM and the fan still will not come on. I looked at the plug and it appears fine, I checked the 69 amp fuse under hood and it is intact. I even jumped the CTS with no results. I'm getting super frustrated and need a bit of direction

• Sponsors (?)

Coolant Temperature Switch will only give the computer or controller a temperature reading, it is not an on/off thing. Jumping it likely doesn't do anything.

Since the fan works when you jump the two wires at the fan, I would reconnect the fan plug and work my way back up the system and keep jumping the power wire (or signal) as you go.

Which coolant temp switch did you replace? I know on the Foxes (and I believe 94/95 as well) there are two. One operates the instrument cluster gauge, the other provides input to the engine computer (which controls the fans). On a Fox 5.0, the cluster sensor is driver front corner of intake. The sensor for the computer is in the bypass tube running along the passenger side of intake.

Looking at the wiring diagram at: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/Mustang-94-95-CCRM-AC-Diagram.gif

It looks like the power feed for the fans comes directly from the CCRM. I would unplug that connector and locate the wires to the fans and jump them there to see if the wiring is still good between CCRM and fans. Also check the ground wire for the fans themselves (trace the black wire from the fan connector to where it attaches to chassis).

Try that and let us know.

I unplugged the ccrm connector and tested the high and low speed fan off of the battery wire in the connector and both fans function when hard wired. The ccrm was replaced with a remanned unit last week