• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

95 gt not charging please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilstrap95
  • Start date Start date Jan 7, 2010
G

gilstrap95

New Member
Jan 7, 2010
1
0
0
Jan 7, 2010
#1
  • Jan 7, 2010
  • #1
So car has new battery, and alternator. I can turn the switch on and the warning lamp does not come on. I pulled the instrument cluster out and the bulb seems to be OK and the 510 resistor is passing. I traced the wires and couldn't find any bad spots. The car just stopped charging. I have also had problems with the trip and odom. not turning and the gas hand and temp hands sometimes go crazy. I'm thinking it is the cluster board bad but before i spend more money on it I thought I would ask you guys and girls. Any Ideas?
 

BlownFiveLiter

have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
3,133
18
108
Chicagoland
Jan 7, 2010
#2
  • Jan 7, 2010
  • #2
Moved to 94-95 Tech. I bet you'll get more help here.

Just out of curiosity, the alternator does test ok, correct? I've had bad parts, right out of the box.
 
3

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
481
2
18
Largo, FL
Jan 7, 2010
#3
  • Jan 7, 2010
  • #3
I'm a little confused. You turn the key to ACC position, and nothing happens? Does the fuel pump turn on, radio, anything? Is the car turning over/starting up properly? I may have misread the first post, sorry if I did!
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Jan 8, 2010
#4
  • Jan 8, 2010
  • #4
Check at the alt's I terminal for 12V. If the light or resistor are functioning, you will not see 12V there (it'll be more like 2-4V).

If you need to do a quick work-around, you can tap into the I circuit and run a wire to a switched accessory source. Put a 500 Ohm resistor in-series in the wire you run.

Of course, remember for any of your other testing, you need the cluster installed for the I circuit to function.

Good luck.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Electrical Cluster bulb LED swap gauges bounce
  • jpfox
  • Jun 29, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
234
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 29, 2025
gkomo
A
95 GT parking brake instrument cluster light trouble
  • Aroenias
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
271
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 24, 2025
Mustang5L5
F
Need some help with LED conversion on 04 GT
  • FATTS_DC
  • Feb 10, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
718
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2025
stormsedge
K
Electrical charging issue
  • knucklehead11
  • Jul 15, 2024
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
967
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 16, 2024
Mcmahst
B
Electrical Holley digital dash and no battery charging issue
  • bklemm
  • May 22, 2023
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
4K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 26, 2023
DemonGT
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?