95 Mustang GT Auto Mods

Roadkill77

Oct 8, 2019
Turkey
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a 95 mustang GT 5.0 Auto.
Since this is my first mustang, I dont know much about it. The car is bone stock and has 67.000 miles on it. I would like to do some mods but I dont know where to start. I have seen some posts on the form but it confused me more. I would be appreciated if you can help out here. By the way I have 1500 Usd to start with. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a 95 mustang GT 5.0 Auto.
Since this is my first mustang, I dont know much about it. The car is bone stock and has 67.000 miles on it. I would like to do some mods but I dont know where to start. I have seen some posts on the form but it confused me more. I would be appreciated if you can help out here. By the way I have 1500 Usd to start with. Thanks
See raggedy...he has some excellent input regarding setting sht on fire.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Honestly the only things I would do is change the rear gear for a 355 or a 373 and add a shift kit to the trans. That will make it more enjoyable to drive and not be really expensive leaving room for wheels and tires.
i would imagine it is expensive hot rodding stuff in Turkey.

Honestly the only things I would do is change the rear gear for a 355 or a 373 and add a shift kit to the trans. That will make it more enjoyable to drive and not be really expensive leaving room for wheels and tires.
i would imagine it is expensive hot rodding stuff in Turkey.
Thanks for the reply
Yes it is quite high in Turkey. I will have to order
most of the parts from Usa.
I will definetly do rear gear change and shifter kit.
I was also thinking 70mm thorttle body and cold air intake. Will this have a noticable effect on the car Maybe short headers also.

Here is where the been there, done that thing kicks in. So lets get some questions out of the way so the members can give you their experienced opinions.
i figure you got the car to drive so are you going to do any spirited driving on the back roads or a road course or straight line drag stuff? What is the budget in american money? What about smog laws where you live, will the car be subjected to inspections?

Here is where the been there, done that thing kicks in. So lets get some questions out of the way so the members can give you their experienced opinions.
i figure you got the car to drive so are you going to do any spirited driving on the back roads or a road course or straight line drag stuff? What is the budget in american money? What about smog laws where you live, will the car be subjected to inspections?
Thanks for the reply
It is not my daily driving car. I will probably use it 2-3 days a week. I will mostly use it on the back roads and I might take it to drag strip once a while.
The smog laws is not as strict as Ca and inspection is done once every two years. So I should be okay. My starting budget is 1500 USD.

Cold air intake looks good but not much gain in power.

First thing I'd do is change rear gear to 3.55 or 3.73. With the gear change the speedometer cable gear will also need to be changed. With labor that may put you at that 1500usd limit.

Shift kit will improve factory transmission.

The suspension sits pretty high on the 95 gt. I'd do lowering springs and camber caster plates.

Wheels and tires are next. I wouldn't go any narrower than an 8in wheel up front. 10 inch wide rear is an easy fit on the 95.

The cold air intake, throttle body spacer, and intake should match....along with the camshaft. The stock opening in the intake is less than 60mm so anything you bolt on in front of it won't make a difference. The 95 intake neck is curved and hard to port the whole neck to a larger size. The factory intake already pulls in cold air from fender area. Change the filter to a dry K & N or performance factory style filter that doesn't use cleaning oil.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user