96-98 gt owners, does your car have abs?

Does your 96-98 gt have abs?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • No.

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't even think it was an option on the 96, because my buddies 96 crown vic has the traction control (that if selected,) deletes the limited slip option. so my car had no say in the matter... although my coupe came with a fuse in the convertible top slot :shrug:

Well so far guys its an even split, half of our cars have abs and half don't. It's made it easier to work on the car not having to deal with the abs sensors but here in the winter time abs would come in handy and in the rain it doesn't take much to send my car sliding.

Well so far guys its an even split, half of our cars have abs and half don't. It's made it easier to work on the car not having to deal with the abs sensors but here in the winter time abs would come in handy and in the rain it doesn't take much to send my car sliding.

i hear that, ive hydroplaned my car a few time not even going fast or hitting the breaks hard

I used mine (with the slotted cobra brakes) when I tried to pass some girl who had stopped in the middle of a ROAD (actually HWY 1 but it's 2 lane) looking for a parking spot along the beach. I tired to go around here to continue on my way and she swerved into my car aiming for me to stop me from apparently stealing a parking space (they were all full) - she came seriously 6 inches from my door - my brakes chattered i hit them so hard. She seriously aimed right for me - I wanted to just plant her face to the ground with my knee until the cops showed up and arrested her for trying to kill me and my GF, lol.

She didn't have her blinker on, no one was backing out. She just stopped and waited for one to open up.

What the heck is up with this funky options? Why are some offered and some not? Does it depend on where you live, b/c I my friend doesn't have the rear defroster option since he lives down south.

You know what, that's a thought. How do we check where our cars were sold at originally?

a carfax should tell you where it was originally sold. It's cool you guys have options, I'm no foglights, no spoiler, cloth interior, manual locks and windows and all that, kind of a bummer.

I don't mind the weight reduction and stock 3.27 ring gear though

a carfax should tell you where it was originally sold. It's cool you guys have options, I'm no foglights, no spoiler, cloth interior, manual locks and windows and all that, kind of a bummer.

I don't mind the weight reduction and stock 3.27 ring gear though

Im totally the opposite. I got everything except a 5spd, the original owner opt for everything. I thought the 3.27 gear was only on the 99-04 GT's? People keep telling me they either came with 3.08 Stock (Auto) 2.73 (5spd).

Im totally the opposite. I got everything except a 5spd, the original owner opt for everything. I thought the 3.27 gear was only on the 99-04 GT's? People keep telling me they either came with 3.08 Stock (Auto) 2.73 (5spd).

I don't think he has a sn95. My car was a 5sp and came with 2.73's. I installed 3.73 and rebuild the rear end less than 2 months after I bought the car.

No I drive an sn95. It's a 1996 Mustang GT 248A, hence my screen name. It's the 4.6L equivalent of the "GTS" and it comes with absolutely no options standard, and all 96's had the option for the 3.27 ring gear. Mine was ordered 248A with a 5 speed and 3.27 ring gear and absolutely no other options.