96-98 GT's

jlfrd96

Apr 15, 2004
mount joy, p.a.
Hey just curious what you guys where running near stock at the track...I ran only twice with my 96 gt with only an x and welded flows and 14.6 at 96 was what i ran...riding the clutch out of the hole...I heard and witnessed some high 14's even 15.0 on some...just wondering where you guys where at.... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have a 96 GT and ran it a couple times:

My best with a 4.10 gear, flowmaster catback and steeda ta- 15.4 at 90

Best with PI stallion 300 stall converter, built tranny, custom tune, underdrive pullies, K&N filter, off road pipe, catback, many suspension mods, 4.10 gears and other stuff- 14.8 at 90

This is why I sold the car. I put a lot into the car and it was still slow. Shoulda done the PI headswap. Anyway, my Mach is MUCH faster.

I only went once and did horrible, i ran a best of 15.3 and my second run i did a 15.6. My car was completely stock (except what saleen did to it including the 3.55 gears) but i was on balt tires, a burnt coil pack, and a new stereo system in the truck that weighed a ton. Not to mention it was hot as hell (well into the 90s), even then i think i should have at least broke into the 14s :shrug:

Ever since then i really havent cared for drag racing, the whole 8 hours i was there in the killer heat i got 2 runs in all day :nonono:

-Mike

I was going to run my stock 98 that i just got which only has lowered suspension on it, but i got a dent in my oil pan. When i put everything thing back together i will have PI heads and intake, underdrive pulleys, LT headers, o/r X pipe, and full cat back exaust. Most of what i have heard on here is low 15s high 14s stock. Once i get mine built back up i'll report some time as i live just 30 mins away from a very nice track.

MachAzure said:
I used to have a 96 GT and ran it a couple times:

My best with a 4.10 gear, flowmaster catback and steeda ta- 15.4 at 90

Best with PI stallion 300 stall converter, built tranny, custom tune, underdrive pullies, K&N filter, off road pipe, catback, many suspension mods, 4.10 gears and other stuff- 14.8 at 90

This is why I sold the car. I put a lot into the car and it was still slow. Shoulda done the PI headswap. Anyway, my Mach is MUCH faster.

damn! with all those mods and that time you had to either have engine damage or you skrewed up....theres no way it would be that slow with all those mods

I love running my car at the track, First time out in my life, I ran 9.15 @77 mph.

And since then the only other thing I added was my 4:10s,and Nittos street tire. And I ran what is in my sig... 9.08 which = to 14.1 in the 1/4 mile

Next thurs I'm going to use a friends ET Streets set to 13 lbs, and see if there is any way to get a 8.?? at the track :nice: And my car has 100k on it