96 cobra motor swap

• Sponsors (?)

Well crap. I need a 3.8 that is functional for my project so I wont have to let the car sit while i build.

Swap the Master Cylinder, front calipers, and rotors over also. The bracket on the dual piston caliper (Cobra) is different (so swap caliper and bracket together) than the one we have on the 3.8. Brake booster is the same but the master cyl is not. Get all you can off the Cobra before you junk it. Rear calipers, pads, rotors are exact same on all 96

Last edited:
If it has anything under it suspension wise. if that rear end is intact, swap that baby in also. You have 7.5 with 2.73:1 the Cobra has 8.8 in limited-slip differential 3.27:1

I just swapped one of these under mine and added the quad shocks. I know that most guys wont want you to do this, but if you are running stock width wheels its a good thing to have with what you are doing.

If it has anything under it suspension wise. if that rear end is intact, swap that baby in also. You have 7.5 with 2.73:1 the Cobra has 8.8 in limited-slip differential 3.27:1

I just swapped one of these under mine and added the quad shocks. I know that most guys wont want you to do this, but if you are running stock width wheels its a good thing to have with what you are doing.
I'm going to swap out complete drivetrain, and front suspension