96 cobra suspension

seaneyb

May 6, 2019
Indiana
Hey guys new to the forum and have question. I have a 96 cobra thats bagged in rear and coilovers in front, had i known the coilovers would sound like a rattle can driving on even the slightest bumpy roads i wouldnt have installed them. Originally had started preparing for the strip but have changed direction so am now wanting to sell everything and go back to springs and shocks/struts but have been told that if i do this i will lose the stance that i have meaning the gap between the tire and fender would increase and im not wanting that. Doesnt make sense to me so im reaching out to you all. So what i would like is to keep the current ride height but increase the quality for car will only be used for some daily driving now. I have 18" wheels and Z rated tires, if anyone could give me direction as to how to load a couple photos since im new here it would be appreciated and that way you all can get a visual if needed. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I stayed stock springs and shocks in my 1997 cobra. I put in Eibach lowing springs and KYB adjustable shocks all around. My best advice is if you go back to stock be prepared for a way less stiff ride and yes it will increase your tire to wheel well clearance. I never had a problem with my set up but mine also bangs when it hits bumps. Stiffer ride = nosier ride. If you have any questions on a set up or what to look for please feel free to ask.