96 to 98 interior sawp gone bad

wolverine34

Jan 28, 2012
ok i found a mint interior out of a 98 the car had been wrecked in the rear. so i got the car decided to swap out the interior. well my 96 didn't come with the factory keyless entry but the 98 did well i thought i'll just swap the wires that go to the trunk out with the 98 well found out the plugs for the doors don't match so i have to change the door harness as well. on top of the doors not working the dash to the pcm didn't match the plugs either so i had to changed that out as well. welp got it all done and now the car won't start. can anyone tell me if i'm going to have to swap the engine harness out as well???? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

no sorry ment to say were the door harness plugs into the harness that runs under the carpet. i found out that 96-97 are the same 98 is by its self and then it goes to 99-00. so my 98 is a stand alone wiring harness. so guess that means i gotta change the engine harness as well.

no sorry ment to say were the door harness plugs into the harness that runs under the carpet. i found out that 96-97 are the same 98 is by its self and then it goes to 99-00. so my 98 is a stand alone wiring harness. so guess that means i gotta change the engine harness as well.
It wont start because you need to.disable the pats system

Lol ford and their damn mid year changes on crap...since I have a 00 I had to magically guess if my cam gears were pressed in or bolted in lol..

I mean it makes a lot of since to randomly switch things right :shrug: