97 cobra with bad wheel hop

jrockhall

Aug 28, 2003
i'm getting really bad wheel hop on my 97 cobra (only mods are 4.10's and a x-pipe) at the track. I was running newer street tires not slicks or drag radials. Can anyone recommend a fix for this?? Maybe traction bars or a good suspension kit. Car is also a daily driver so I don't want to go nuts. Thanks a lot guys.

• Sponsors (?)

jrockhall said:
i'm getting really bad wheel hop on my 97 cobra (only mods are 4.10's and a x-pipe) at the track. I was running newer street tires not slicks or drag radials. Can anyone recommend a fix for this?? Maybe traction bars or a good suspension kit. Car is also a daily driver so I don't want to go nuts. Thanks a lot guys.

I would start by looking at the upper and lower conrol arm bushings to see if they are shot. Second would be that the shocks and springs might be on the way out. My money is on the conrol arms.

Rob

your Quad shocks are shot......If you get aftermarket Uppers and lowers with Poly bushing you can take the quad shocks off and throw them away........you would get better traction with out them if you had uppers and lowers.......

Dave