97 gt headers

ganzey

Jul 30, 2011
i can get some bbk shorty ceramic headers for hella cheap($420 online, they are new have been sitting for 6 months.) i know long tubes will provide more power, but thats not an option so please dont tell not to get the shortys. im running a bassani catless x-pipe to flowmaster 40's...

just wondering if anyone's done this install and can provide me some tips or helpful information.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure that is the correct price?

Shorties are okay, but give very little to no power gains on 4.6's since the stock manifolds are pretty efficient.

Longtubes are a much better bang for the buck, but you'd need a new Hpipe or X pipe.

If you have 420$ to blow, don't waste your time on shorty headers. Go with PI cams, a PI intake, PI heads, underdrives, an offroad H, long tubes, a dyno tune, used nitrous kit... well, pretty much anything but shorty headers.

But since you already know everything and you are going to go through the pain of installation, you better have a nice socket/extension/U-joint set.

Get them and flip them for a profit.

well, i was really hoping for some help. but thanks for nothing. here i come sn95 forums

Installing headers on these cars isn't easy. If you're going through all the trouble may as well do the better of two options. I have seen used long tubes sell for the same price range you mentioned. Just because you don't get the answer you want no need to get butt hurt.

Get them and flip them for a profit.

Installing headers on these cars isn't easy. If you're going through all the trouble may as well do the better of two options. I have seen used long tubes sell for the same price range you mentioned. Just because you don't get the answer you want no need to get butt hurt.

if you can get me some new longtubes and a new stainless steel xpipe for $140 let me know

if you can get me some new longtubes and a new stainless steel xpipe for $140 let me know

Nobody is here to get you anything.

You will gain no HP with shorty headers. I gained 0 HP with them on my ported PI headswap 98 car, and have seen other people make the same mistake.

If you want to learn something, I'd drop the attitude. If you don't like the advice you recieve, then go elsewhere. :nice: