• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

97 gt rims 17'

  • Thread starter Thread starter matsm21
  • Start date Start date Dec 5, 2003
M

matsm21

New Member
Sep 5, 2003
241
0
0
Long Island
Dec 5, 2003
#1
  • Dec 5, 2003
  • #1
I bent my rim on a f***ing pothole the other day. should I get it straightened(if so, where?) or buy a new one? I saw them for 181$, but id like to get used for cheap before I spend them on that.
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Dec 5, 2003
#2
  • Dec 5, 2003
  • #2
or iust get new set from AFS or something. I always thought they are fugly...
 

jadesville

the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 8, 2003
2,189
0
47
Gresham, OR
Dec 5, 2003
#3
  • Dec 5, 2003
  • #3
personally i would pay for the new rim, its a gamble when they rebend it if its going to be perfectly circular, because if it isnt, the rubber could start leaking at the bead, and you could be paying a good price to do it also..
 

dmsead

New Member
Nov 27, 2003
34
0
0
NW Ohio
Dec 5, 2003
#4
  • Dec 5, 2003
  • #4
jadesville said:
personally i would pay for the new rim, its a gamble when they rebend it if its going to be perfectly circular, because if it isnt, the rubber could start leaking at the bead, and you could be paying a good price to do it also..
Click to expand...

Shouldn't be too much trouble getting the bead to seal, but the rim would probably have just enough wobble that it might cause a vibration. I'd also be a little worried about the structural integrity of the rim after being bent and re-bent.

Bullitt rims look cool....
 

usn86gt

New Member
Jul 26, 2003
85
0
0
Naw'lins, LA.
Dec 5, 2003
#5
  • Dec 5, 2003
  • #5
I don't know, but it might be tough to find 17'<---(foot) rims.
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Dec 5, 2003
#6
  • Dec 5, 2003
  • #6
lol
 
T

torch03gt

New Member
May 1, 2003
33
0
0
Dearborn Heights, MI
Dec 6, 2003
#7
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #7
used to work at Discount Tire. You can't bend back aluminum rims only steel. You may be able to find someone to fix it, but i sure wouldn't use that rim after it was repaired.
 

Mustang T

New Member
Oct 8, 2003
42
0
0
WV
Dec 6, 2003
#8
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #8
I jacked up one of the rims on my 97. I got a OEM rim from www.thewheelwarehouse.com. I think it was less than $150 and they give you $25 if you ship them your dented rim, they ever pay for the shipping. It's close to you, should get it quick via UPS.
 

LI98GTStang

Founding Member
Jun 22, 2000
1,715
0
36
L.I., NY
Dec 6, 2003
#9
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #9
mity2 said:
or iust get new set from AFS or something. I always thought they are fugly...
Click to expand...
<------------------------
I take offense (see sig.)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
2023 mustang gt fastback help
  • Izhar8709
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
192
The Welcome Wagon Mar 23, 2026
LILCBRA
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
181
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
B
'03 GT Fuel Pump/Pressure/Delivery Issue
  • Brodach
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
gkomo
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
235
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?