97 Mustang Gt, Ignition And Ac Clutch Problems

Vincent T

Aug 12, 2016
ok, I'm new here searching for helpful hints on why this car ain't working. I'll start from the beginning. I recently bought a 97 Mustang GT from a lady who said the AC went out and the belt broke. So I looked at it and found that the AC Clutch had burnt up and the bearing was also bad. Before I bought it, I tried to start it but battery was dead. Anyway. I replaced the AC clutch all all components, went to start and it won't start. I researched it and replaced Ignition coils and tested starter. Still nothing, I got kinda creative and jumpers the starter relay and the car will turn on and stay on. But still can't get it to turn on with ignition switch. I also noticed that my AC clutch isn't getting any power either. Tested so safety switches and they seemed to be fine. Put 12 volts to the clutch and it works fine. I checked for anything that may have been burnt up cause the clutch was burnt up pretty bad but nothing visible. Been reading thinking it could be the PCM since it tells the car to start via the TR switch and it also controls the AC clutch according to the Haynes manual. The PCM looks good, so I'm very confused. I've heard that the CCRM controls the relays for the AC clutch but does it have anything to do with the ignition part. I'm not a genius but I can read and work a meter fairly well. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)