97 stang door's unlock not working?

1st,hi to all,i am haveing problems with my 97 mustang,the unlock didn't work from both door switch'swhen you press unlock but the lock dose work from both doors,ok here what i did so far.checked both door switch's with multimeter there both good,next unplugged both door motors and test light for power and both wires(lock,unlock)were good, jumped motors with power from battery and both door motors went up and down,next went and unplugged the keyless entry modeler thats in the trunk looked for broken or lose wire,looked all good,did light test there,black/white power from fuse box,good,output: red\orange,driver side unlock good,pink\orange passenger side unlock good there's power,then i pressed driver side unlock and test light passenger motor conecter and both wires had power did the same from passenger side to driver side and same thing power was there for motor,so you see i am puzzled with this door unlock situation,can anybody please help me out with this,i would appreciate any input,thank you. jetpainter51

• Sponsors (?)

unlock didn't work from both door switch'swhen you press unlock
I'm assuming this car has the remote keyless entry feature. Does the remote FOB work? Lock? Unlock?

At the remote keyless entry module pin #4 PK/Y is the "lock input". Pin #5 (PK/LG) is the "unlock input". If I understand the wiring diagram, the door lock buttons should ground each of the signals when the switch is activated.

IE, with a VOM meter you should see 12 volts on pins 4 and 5. Do you?

Does the voltage on pins 4 and 5 change when the lock/unlock is used?

With remote keyless entry module connector disconnected and a test light on battery positive. Probe the unlock pin #5. The test light should light when the unlock button is pressed.

Now probe the lock signal pin #4 with the test light. Does the test light light when the lock button is pressed?

Do you have a full set of Ford wring diagrams for your car? If not I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

i have no idea what your trying to explain it left me a bit confused.

so the unlock button does nothing but lock works

was the key in the ignition and ignition on? try it both ways and see it could be a shorted ignition circuit