98 3.8 To 5.0 Swap. Motor Mount Trouble!

St33zyxSaleen

Jun 25, 2017
I have a 98 originally a 3.8 that I am swapping a 5.0 into. Built up from the short block, I have all the harnesses, the ecu, a 4-bank tuner, 5.0 bellhousing. Today I was lowering the V8 in and after being amazed at seeing the Bell line up perfectly with the trans I noticed the motor mounts were 3-4 inches off from the k-member.

Anyone know of any sites that carry a bracket simular to the one that’s one the 96-98 v6’s that offsets the motors mounts from the engine to compensate for the k-member? I’ve been thinking I’ll have to buy a steel plate and having it cut and drilled out. If anyone can offer some genuine help short of telling me buy a $1000 k-member or donor car I would appreciate it greatly.

Attachments

• E18B19F0-D641-47F6-AB01-C303B7B70461.jpg
    E18B19F0-D641-47F6-AB01-C303B7B70461.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 481
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a 98 originally a 3.8 that I am swapping a 5.0 into. Built up from the short block, I have all the harnesses, the ecu, a 4-bank tuner, 5.0 bellhousing. Today I was lowering the V8 in and after being amazed at seeing the Bell line up perfectly with the trans I noticed the motor mounts were 3-4 inches off from the k-member.

Anyone know of any sites that carry a bracket simular to the one that’s one the 96-98 v6’s that offsets the motors mounts from the engine to compensate for the k-member? I’ve been thinking I’ll have to buy a steel plate and having it cut and drilled out. If anyone can offer some genuine help short of telling me buy a $1000 k-member or donor car I would appreciate it greatly.

Junkyard 94-95 GT K-member.

Can not answer your question, but want to ask why that gasket on the front looks like its not the right one?

Fel-Pro multi-application water pump gasket. I usually cut away the exposed/unused parts on mine.

Fel-Pro multi-application water pump gasket. I usually cut away the exposed/unused parts on mine.

I got some frame steel from a new ford truck, but if I can’t moc up a bracket like the one used to make the v6 fit the new k-member I’m getting a new tubular one. No way in hell im pulling the stock one and replacing it with another stock one . Lol

I got some frame steel from a new ford truck, but if I can’t moc up a bracket like the one used to make the v6 fit the new k-member I’m getting a new tubular one. No way in hell im pulling the stock one and replacing it with another stock one . Lol

Reactions: 1 users

The 96-98 has a different k member to accommodate the 4.6. The 3.8 block never changed from 94-98. Instead of changing the block ford bolted a plate to the motor and then off set the motor mounts in order for them to still work the new location of the k member. It’s more or less an adapter. I was going to attempt to make one for my 5.0. Before I buy another K-member.