98 mustang 6 cyl,3.8 ltr, metal pipe from water pump leak

MsStang 98

Sep 8, 2021
Florida
Hi All, found out that a pin hole leak in metal pipe from water pump was leaking and got my coil wet, replaced coil,and mechanic put stop leak in, but we cannot find this pipe anywhere! I don't think stop leak will last long,has anyone else had this problem? Where do I get new pipe!!???

• Sponsors (?)

Hi All, found out that a pin hole leak in metal pipe from water pump was leaking and got my coil wet, replaced coil,and mechanic put stop leak in, but we cannot find this pipe anywhere! I don't think stop leak will last long,has anyone else had this problem? Where do I get new pipe!!???
Yes. I had same problem. I soldered it with silver solder and it held.

Junkyard

Yes. I had same problem. I soldered it with silver solder and it held.

Junkyard
I just have to ask,you had to remove the pipe,and I'm sure that wasn't easy,I've been told,Also,won't it just start rusting elsewhere on it and you have to remove and repair it again? My car 23 yrs old and I'm in Florida,so rain and heat,my friend was thinking we could just use new hose and re route it all

I just have to ask,you had to remove the pipe,and I'm sure that wasn't easy,I've been told,Also,won't it just start rusting elsewhere on it and you have to remove and repair it again? My car 23 yrs old and I'm in Florida,so rain and heat,my friend was thinking we could just use new hose and re route it all
I sanded it sprayed high temp primer and paint. And hasn't rustet yet.. but mine was up where it goes at front by water pump.