98 mustang gt

Jason_wood

May 15, 2018
Oklahoma
Is 2 weeks normal to complete an engine swap ? I dropped my gt off at an auto shop they sold me a pi motor with 20k miles with a 90 day warranty for 800$ They told me the would port an polish the heads an install new valve seals & covers. I've been patient the guy called yesterday told me he has been backed up but would try to have it completed that day. Today passes I still get no call. My main question is does it take 14days to do all this work? If not what issues could he possibly have with the install ? I've been so patient I don't believe I remember how to drive manual

• Sponsors (?)

I myself have been working on a motor swap since Feb 5th. It's now into May and the motor is still on the engine stand. In my case the salvage motor originally purchased turned out the be good only as a "core". To make a long story short I ended up building a motor from parts from other motors and machine shop reworked parts.

However I'm not a professional. I personally don't believe that a PROFESSIONAL would allow the bay to be tied up for 14 days. So if asking for a WAG here's mine. The job hasn't even been started yet. Perhaps because there's too much other work to risk filling up the bay with a long job.

I myself have been working on a motor swap since Feb 5th. It's now into May and the motor is still on the engine stand. In my case the salvage motor originally purchased turned out the be good only as a "core". To make a long story short I ended up building a motor from parts from other motors and machine shop reworked parts.

However I'm not a professional. I personally don't believe that a PROFESSIONAL would allow the bay to be tied up for 14 days. So if asking for a WAG here's mine. The job hasn't even been started yet. Perhaps because there's too much other work to risk filling up the bay with a long job.
Thank you. I just don't understand what issues he could've ran into he told me he specializes in engine swaps an transmissions I don't want to keep calling but I'll continue to be patient all I can do. Sucks when you wait 14 days get a call saying it will be ready the next day then still not get a call the next day.