A 1990 T-top Fox? wtf?

• Sponsors (?)

ibtl :p

VIN swap somewhere along the lines, no doubt. That's all over just about every Mustang board, everyone's giving him **** about it too. Pretty funny :)

He's either trying to **** someone over, or is completely oblivious to it all. I say the former, because with dozens of people emailing him about it you'd think he'd get the clue!

Corral members are already on it. It turns out the VIN comes back to 90 vert. The cars owner has been informed and stated he bought the car 2 yrs ago and has had no problems registering etc, and hes basically trying to dump on someone else.

Definitely something fishy about it. I guess if you really wanted to you could chop the top off and put a t top roof on the car, and then swap the steering column but that all seems like a lot of work.

I guess if you really wanted to you could chop the top off and put a t top roof on the car

I've always wanted to do that to my '91.... I dont think it would be such a big deal...Simple find a junk t-top. Cut the roof off. Get a headliner, and take the doors off also. I dont think it would be bad. By no means would i try to claim its original... I just always loved ttops :nice:

here is my guess to what happened....that mustang somewhere alone the line was stolen and then hidden..then someone bought a wrecked mustang(for the identity of the car so that it has a title) and swapped the vin tags over and then sold it....

That is an 88 down. No MAF, what a weird seller!!

Oh yeah,.....IBTL!!!!!:lock: :lock: :lock:

It's an '87.

The '88's got the convertible style mirrors on the t-topped cars.

Oh and threads like this are up to my discretion if i choose to lock it or not. Since nobody in their right mind would buy that car, this thread can stay open for now.

Hell, the top bidder is "4dacorral"!!!

WHo's got the corral.net link??

It's an '87.

The '88's got the convertible style mirrors on the t-topped cars.

Oh and threads like this are up to my discretion if i choose to lock it or not. Since nobody in their right mind would buy that car, this thread can stay open for now.

Hell, the top bidder is "4dacorral"!!!

WHo's got the corral.net link??

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=938995

theres the link. the cars owner even posted in it.

ever see the original gone in 60 seconds? where they would get a wrecked car, remove all its identifying parts including engine/trans, vin plates, door tags, etc, then find and steal its exact twin and swap everything in, thus "resurrecting" the wrecked one and eliminating the stolen one from existance??

sounds like someone tried to transplant the identity of a totalled 90 ragtop onto this potentially stolen t-top car...the carfax for the 90 comes back with an accident and such...so thats what it sounds like