A 94-95 Pulling an insane wheelie

94_302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
Miami
WOW.jpg

http://racepics.net/videos/james/Jay Testing For Extreme Street Class @ NPR 12-10-05.wmv

I know it has the wrong tails but I'm going by the side skirts. Anyways I think he's making a little power under the hood, but I may be mistaken. :nice:

Attachments

• WOW.jpg
    WOW.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 3,655
  • Sponsors (?)

Dan95-5.0 said:
Stangfreak95- do those struts and control arms make that much of a difference to bring the front end up?

For me it obviously did a huge difference. I knew suspension is very expensive when you want a good setup and I didnt have money left after H/C/I and all the rest. Funny thing is that I have the cheapest lower and upper control arms propably out there on the market but they did their job so good. I have the X2C Motorsports. (similar to the Mac). Also have the Kenny Brown full lenght subframe connectors that I also recommend.

And about the struts...Well I simply had some street/strip ones. The Lakewood 70/30. Also I still have the battery in the original spot. Propably would of lift more easy with the battery in the trunk. The front swaybar was also removed for more weight transfer. And there's also a few tricks that you can do like loosing the shock tower bolts so you can lift even more but I never bothered with that stuff cause I didnt think it was too safe and I wasnt gonna risk all my $$$ invested for that. So my wheelies were done 100% safe, not-tricked, and on motor.

Basicly IMO ( :shrug: ) if you want to be succesful in lifting the front wheels, (of try) you need:
* Good subframe connector to get the chassis more stiff
* Upper lower and lower control arms
* Move battery to the trunk
* Get good front struts that do good weight transfer
* Skinnies to get a lot of weight off the front
* Sticky tires in the back
* Make your rear-end stronger so it can accepts 5500rpm launch on slicks

AND TORQUE :D

On that pic I have the ET Drags but I was lifting last year with the BFG Drag radials so the slicks didnt make that much of a difference for me. Anyway, I aint no pro at this. Hope that helped.

It only jacks the front end up if you have to get out of it, and it slams back down. If you can keep your foot in it, everything is fine. As for that first pic. That car is all twisted up. I used to know a guy that had a Maverick with a built 351W, and a two-stage 300 shot. When we turned left on the street the driverside front tire came off the ground like we had hydros. It was pretty sweet. It had lowback seats, and it was everything you could do to keep from staring at the cieling though first and second.
Brandon