A bargain at only $170, 000 AUD

• Sponsors (?)

Wouldn't the manufacture date of Nov. 66 make it a 67? Unless they are refering to the modification date. Also, first registered on 1 Nov. 66. Fast action to be man. in Nov., shipped overseas and reg. on the 1st on Nov all the same year.

Heck of a grocery getter though. Wonder how fast it really is.

Az Pete said:
Wouldn't the manufacture date of Nov. 66 make it a 67? Unless they are refering to the modification date. Also, first registered on 1 Nov. 66. Fast action to be man. in Nov., shipped overseas and reg. on the 1st on Nov all the same year.

My 67 was produced on Nov 1, 1966, so yeah, there's something fishy about that.

-Chelle

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Two superchargers that is not practical, just a wow factor. It will only make as much boost as the biggest one, it's not like they have to spool up or anything.

I'm not certain, but I dont think that is always the case. I think if the bottom blower was smaller than the top, it might act more like a two-stage air compressor. Series turbochargin is the same where a big turbo blows into a smaller one.

I can honestly say, though, that it not once crossed my mind to put one roots blower onto another.

Good...looks like I'm not the only one tripping out on two stacked blowers. :rolleyes: I didn't think it was possible. Always learning on this forum.

I would guess it's more for show, otherwise if it was really practical NHRA, IHRA, etc. would have a class for it???

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
I plain don't like it.
Ditto.
I was reading this tread, and thinking "why so special about this car? It looks like ****!" I've never liked 8-71s sticking out of the hood, and this one got 2 of them. Never liked chopped roofs and never liked minitubbing. Actually, I never liked Pro-Street cars. To each ther own I guess, but it's not my cup of tea. Looks like someone is trying to get back what they have into the car, but Pro-Street cars seldom do.

HHStang said:
I wonder if the "Burnout King" title is available for the US and what one would have to do to earn and maintain this honor.

It's available to all who enter the summernats.

To get it you have to do this:

Ford%20Mustang%20Burnout%20(Gary%20Myers%20Trackside).jpg

Ford%20Mustang%20Burnout%20(Gary%20Myers%20Trackside%20@%20Summernats%2015).jpg

Ford%20Mustang%20Burnout%202of2%20(Gary%20Myers).jpg

consistantly for many years in a row.:nice:

That's his first car in those shots btw, I like it much more than the new one.

fvike said:
Ditto.
I was reading this tread, and thinking "why so special about this car? It looks like ****!" I've never liked 8-71s sticking out of the hood, and this one got 2 of them. Never liked chopped roofs and never liked minitubbing. Actually, I never liked Pro-Street cars. To each ther own I guess, but it's not my cup of tea. Looks like someone is trying to get back what they have into the car, but Pro-Street cars seldom do.

I don't like this new car much, but for a work of art it is well done. I like the style, tubs and fatties, roots through the bonnet, but it isn't what I would build myself either. In fact I like your car more, personally, and all the pics I've seen of it have been good quality shots of a very nice car!

Yeh you gotta do that till the tyres pop, for at least a minute and a half too I think, if you let off, you're not going to win, and he spins it to 8 grand, holding at 7 for most of the run, crazy stuff.

He starts with new drag radials because they make lots of smoke and go the distance, as he said.

He blew his radiator once and broke the grille and had a nice little fire going on in the engine bay.

Oh and I believe during a reverse burnout once he had the flywheel jump off and cut it's way through the dash and cowl and injure his foot. (He now runs a trans blanket.)

There's him, the Greys (Debbie and Peter) in their 68 Camaro, they put on quite a show and have stolen Myers' crown once or twice, and then there's the mad Turk who drives a ute and is known for not only making lots of smoke from the tyres, but lots of fire from them too!