A bunch of newb questions. Please help

tim_one82

Mar 4, 2006
Boy I was surprised when my old man told me he bought a 03’ cobra (my realistic dream car). I thought he was messing with me until I saw it. He got a torch red whipple cobra with 20,000 miles from a government auction for 17,000$. Problem with this is that the previous owner is dead and we don’t really know that much about the car. So I have some questions and I would really appreciate any kind of feed back. We were wondering what size belt we should use with 3’ Richard racing pulley? Also what belt brand you guys recommend. We got it with a broken supercharger assembly bracket. We think the guy was running the Richard racing pulley with the stock belt and the pulley twisted off the bracket. So right now we are running with the stock pullies cause our belt isn’t long enough. Also there is a toggle switch in the glove box that we have no idea what it does. We traced it back to the computer on the passenger side. Any ideas what it could be? We have autometer gauges and our boast gauge doesn’t seem to be working. It sits at zero until we start it up, then it drops to -20. It moves from there but never leaves the vacuum side. We were also wondering what tire pressure you guys use at the drag strip. We have e.t streets on it, and dropped them to 20psi. Granted we arnt the best drivers but we couldn’t hook up. My best pass was 12.2 @121, with that trap speed I thought we should be running a bit faster. So any tips for the strip would be great. Sorry for all the newb questions, but im really out of my element and would appreciate any kind of help.

• Sponsors (?)

I like gates belts. The best way to get the right belt is to put the setup you want to run on the car and then just use a string to go around all the pulleys and measure the string. That'll get you in the ballpark.