A/C Eliminator Install

MikeR351w

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2001
Wisconsin
Anybody ever bought the a.c eliminator kit from Ford Racing?? I ordered it from a dealer and they forgot the instructions!! Anybody have pictures or know how to put it in??? Its the one with two brackets, 3 bolts and 2 long bolts. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The instructions might be out in my garage, but its very simple. Pull your a/c and power steering pump off the bracket. Remove the really long stud that holds the p/s pump on and remove the little aluminum bracket from the cylinder head. The new bracket goes where the other one unbolted from. Its very simple it just takes a minute of looking to figure it out. The black piece goes on front put it in front of your p/s pump before you put the bolts thru to bolt it on. Ill look for the directions anyways :nice: .

Still cant figure it out!!!!! The alignment is off and one of the long brass bolts does not fit through the bottom hole on the P.S pump. I had to put it out side the bracket and pinch the black bracket against the pump then threaded the bolt on the lower silver piece. That was the easy part. Getting the silver piece was straight forward but that black piece makes NO SENSE! Maybe I have the wrong year bracket. As it sits now, it looks funny and the pump sits back 1/4 inch back from the rest of the pullies. I cant return the part because i scratched it up.

the black piece goes on front. it goes onto 2 of the waterpump bolts and you run the two long bolts thru it before you run them thru the power steering pump bracket. its a little akward looking at first just keep messing with it.

this kit doesnt come with directions. it can only go on 1 way...the little silver triangualr looking bracket goes onto your head with the 3 smaller bolts. then he long bolts go thru your PS. then the black bracket slips over the the water pump studs between the "built in nut" on the stud and the nut which goes in front. the otehr side of teh bracket slips on the power steering bolts b4 u put the nuts on..tighen nuts and your done. 15 min. (if u can get that long PS bolt out haha). get a new belt (measure). good luck...u wont find any "factory" instructions for this piece.

Here's a pic of mine when I was using the FMS kit. I used a 71.5" belt I think, with underdrive pullies and no smog.

attachment.php

only one of the bolts goes through the pump!! The other hole that is lined up with the silver bracket is too small!! The brass bolt is too big for it! The only way it will fit is if i move the pump up 2 more inches and sandwich the black bracket in between the bolt and the pump. Do i have the wrong year bracket??