A/C hose cover?


Founding Member
Feb 21, 2001
Spring , Texas
Is there anything aftermarket out there that can replace the foam cover on the large a/c hose that goes back over the intake? We are trying to replace one that is really torn up with something better. I think ive seen large flex loom type covers but have been unable to find them. Thx for any help.
  • Sponsors (?)

Check out Home Depot, Lowes or Ace hardware. The foam rubber sleeve is used on home A/C central air conditioning units to insulate the suction line.
I have tried the foam insulation that is used on a/c lines in homes. It literally melted away. Too hot for it. I never did find any foam that would work. I used wire loom and covered it. I have also used wire loom to cover other metal tubing, like from the radiator or power steering lines.

I hope someone has a solution for the foam, i'll be waiting.
3/4 is the largest I have seen, maybe we are talking about different hoses. I am talking about the ones that are for a/c, they come out from the firewall. I will check today and post some pics. I know mine is a 4 banger, but shouldn't matter on that part.