Electrical A/c Issues

03_TrueBlue_GT

May 5, 2010
Houston, Tx
Hey guys my 2003 Mustang GT is having some issues with the A/C. A few days ago it stopped blowing cold air, I went ahead and added some more freon into the system and replaced the #23 fuse which had blown out. After I did that it blew cold air for a little while, then stopped again. I went ahead and checked the low pressure switch which gave me a good reading, then on the compressor side I was getting like 1 volt which is not good. The system is holding a good charge, but the compressor will not engage at all when the A/C is turned on... I tried jumping the compressor to get it to turn on, but it did nothing and blew out the #23 fuse again. So this tells me that I have short somewhere or my system is low on freon, which is not right bc its holding a charge... So far thats what I have discovered.

I have read that the compressor could be bad, *but I don't believe it to be bad* or the CCRM is going out.
Has anyone ever had this issue? I really miss having my A/C during the summer and want to fix this myself if at all possible.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Cool...It's rare that those go out but good it wasn't an expensive fix.

Yeah I never really knew much about what the CCRM was for. Apparently the only place you get one new is from Ford or go digging through a salvage yard for one. I opted to get a new one cause the auto yards around here are high on used parts, and I always buy electrical parts new too...